Monday 18 December 2017

I had a game...

On Sunday I got the chance to play against my good mate Duncan in a game of Malifaux. Because Duncan is a filthy bugger he chose Neverborn. I was planning on using my Ressers (Seamus wanted to add a Beckoner to his Belles.) But as I had left my Ressers at home the Korps came out to play.

So, here are some musings on how my Sunday went down.

Strategy; Turf War [4 points]

My Schemes; Protect Territory [2 points], Line in The Sand [announced- 3 points]

Crew; Von Schill [Oath of the korps, Nytheria aftermath, Hard and Relentless]. Steam Trunk. 4 Korpsmen, Librarian, Anna Lovelace. 2 stones.

His Crew; The Dreamer [Growing Pains and two other upgrades], The Mysterious Emissary, 1 Grootslang [this guy is biiiiiiiiig], 1 Depleted, 1 Bandersnatch, Coppelius, Stichedtogether, 1 Daydream and a butt load of soul stones.

His Schemes; Outflank [Announced - 3 points] and Plant Explosives [1]. He scored 4 points from Turf War.

Learning points;

The trapper managed to net two points on Protect Territory. I admittedly made a mistake early on – I thought the trapper was dropping markets for Line in the Sand but I was mistaken about the position of the centre line. This was game winning; without it I would have been swinging in the wind and lost by a point. The trapper has a long enough range to keep affecting the battle and score from this scheme. Very repeatable.

Von Schill and the Librarian scored full points from Line in the Sand late in the game. Schill had the actions to manage this and the librarian was able to stay inside the turf marker aura to keep gaining points whilst dropping a scheme marker.

The Korpsmen netted me almost all the points for turf war.
The Oath of the Freikorps worked well; on the first turn Schill activated mid turn and put Oath Keeper on Anna Lovelace, The librarian and on himself. Anna never used it and the librarian chucked it to reposition later for a good showing of Furious Casting. Schill killed Lord Chompy Bits, the Mysterious Emissary, a Daydream and tossed around the bandersnatch like it was a tin can. When he hit something with his clockwork arm he automatically maked it a priority target and this gave him a double plus on the Clockwork Seeker attack that follows. Against the emissary he was able to hit his reposition trigger and move into base contact with it to use Finish the Cur to kill it off.


Very solid take – would defiantly use again.

No comments:

Post a Comment